Best Pizza Cutter: Everything You Need to Know About the Tool
It does not matter which pizza you prefer, the pizza cutter is a must instrument in your kitchen. Unless you are ready to fold it in half and eat in a second, you can use some cutlery. This article is not for people that usually wolf pizza down, famished for days. I hope you are one of the aesthetes who value delicious crusty pizza with toppings of your choice. The cool pizza cutter is not just a simple tool for slicing, it is a perfect gift and the best way to show off in front of your friends.
My name is Edward, and if you are reading my blog, you may have probably noticed my fascination towards great instruments for pizza making. There is nothing in the world I enjoy more than a tasty pizza baked in the appropriate pizza oven and sliced into perfect pieces with a professional pizza cutting knife. I gathered here top pizza cutters which I tried myself. Check out their pros and cons, compare prices, find out which shape of slicer suits you best.
Don’t worry, even an unprofessional cook can handle them. I will try to be specific here, honestly describing all pizza cutting tools on the list. If you have more questions, you can ask them in the comments below.
Top-7 Pizza Cutter Reviews
Usually, the pizza cutter consists of a sharp blade in the shape of a wheel attached to the handle. The sharp steel may cut through the thin pastry without mess. It does not mix ingredients together as random knives do. You have to be extremely careful with its blade, as it is excellently sharpened. Here, I gathered the most solid and reliable pizza cutters. Check out my review before you order them.
1. Kitchy Pizza Cutter Wheel – Round Pizza Cutter With Ergonomic Handle
Kitchy Pizza Cutter Wheel is one of the top pizza cutters I recommend. It has a protective blade guard as a bonus, so you would not cut yourself while getting it out of your cupboard. It leaves clean cuts, as its razor is made from stainless steel of high quality. This pizza cutter is released by Kitchy, one of the best-selling companies that also guarantees a lifetime money return.
The pack includes a pizza cutter wheel itself with a comfortable hold round handle and a blade guard. It is easy to hold and store. Don’t forget to put on the safety cover after you wash the wheel. This cutter is quickly disassembled for the dishwasher.
- SLICE ANY PIZZA LIKE A PRO – This pizza cutter will leave you shocked with how easy it is to get a nice, clean cut through your pizza. With its ergonomic...
- SUPER SHARP AND FITS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND - Why waste money on bulky pizza rockers that don’t even fit in your kitchen cabinet when you can simply...
- PROTECTIVE BLADE GUARD FOR EASY STORAGE – This pizza knife comes with a blade guard to keep your cutter securely stored away when you’re not using it.
- Comfortable to hold;
- High-quality steel;
- Affordable price;
- Easy to clean;
- Safe for the dishwasher.
- There are no additional blades in the pack;
- Requires disassembling for washing.
Kitchy offers you the best pizza cutter with a super interesting design. It cuts pizza like a professional rocker blade while still being compact and comfortable to use. You have to press easily while rolling the wheel across the pizza. After you made slices, simply open the handle, and put out the blade. You can either wash it manually or put it in the dishwasher. Don’t forget to put on the razor cover after washing.
The price is pretty affordable. Besides, the developer offers you good discounts if you buy not one but 2 and more items. You can always ask your friends to join you in a group order. You don’t have to buy anything additionally for this cutter. But if you want, you can search for the pizza recipe book or a tray from a solid material.
2. Checkered Chef Pizza Cutter – The Long Pizza Cutter Your Kitchen Needs
Checkered Chef Pizza Cutter belongs to rockers blades type, also known in Italy as mezzaluna, or “half-moon”. You may find this instrument in multiple professional pizzerias. Professional pizzaiolos prefer this instrument above all, mainly due to the long and sharp blade. Its blade is 13 ¾ inches long, and 3 ½ inches wide, which makes it the best tool to cut hundreds of pizzas without putting too much effort into it.
You don’t have to press the blade to cut the pizza. Slices have never been so perfect. You will not see any crumbs or cheese left on the plate. The cutter was designed by Checkered Chef, a well-known producer of knives, cutting boards for pizza, and baking sheets. The kit includes sheath from plastic, which you have to put on each time you wash the cutter.
Checkered Chef Pizza Cutter is dishwasher safe. You will have to put the blade inside the dishwasher, so it does not touch other plates. That’s it. Put it in the plastic holster after you wash it. There are no extra handles, so there will be no discomfort in washing it. Developers also offer you to use this pizza cutter as a kitchen knife to make perfect slices of brownies or cakes.
- You’ve never cut up a pizza this easily! The super sharp pizza cutter blade is designed for heavy use with little effort - in four simple cuts you’ve...
- Safer and easier to store than any others of its kind. Keep your super sharp blade protected by storing your pizza cutter in the specially designed plastic...
- Never lose your pizza topping again - Checkered Chef’s rocker style pizza cutter slices through with ease without pushing toppings off like roller...
- Sharp blade;
- It does not push off toppings;
- Solid steel without a handle;
- Dishwasher safe;
- Price is affordable.
- The razor is too sharp;
- Steel is soft.
Checkered Chef cutter does not require additional learning. All you need to do is put the pizza on the cutting board, making sure that you will not leave cuts on the table, and slice it. I use this cutter for cheesecakes as well, but you have to be very careful with slicing walnuts or other hard to cut products. Don’t forget to wash it every time you use it. If you don’t have a dishwasher, be careful while washing it with your hands, as the blade is sharp.
I also recommend buying a cutting board for your pizza. You may check out the ones Checkered Chef offers. This is the best way to avoid damaging your kitchen table. There are boards of wood, plastic, and even steel. I recommend trying a wooden board first.
3. ThinkGeek Star Trek Enterprise Pizza Cutter – The Most Creative Among Pizza Cutting Tools
ThinkGeek Star Trek Enterprise Pizza Cutter is a perfect choice for Star Trek fans. And if you are not a fan of the greatest sci-fi saga, you still definitely know somebody who will adore this pizza cutter as a birthday present. I received this cutter as a present myself, and I couldn’t love it more, with its sharp blade of steel and zinc-alloy chromium-plated body. Look at the handle! The whole cutter is made in the form of the legendary USS Enterprise NCC-1701. The whole concept of this cutter makes it so great and unique that you will quickly forget about minor cons, which include the lack of dishwasher option.
This pizza cutter from Star Trek is made by Think Geek company. I believe that cutter is their first tool for pizza. It is not really that cheap as similar pizza cutters, but as a collectible thing, it may be pretty valuable. It does not have covers for blades, so you have to make sure that there are no kids around. The razor is sharp enough to cut your fingers.
- Star Trek Pizza Cutter - This Pizza Cutter is in the shape of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 from Star Trek: The Original Series.
- Cut Pizza Boldly - The Star Trek Pizza Cutter has its mission to explore strange new pizzas, seek out new toppings and cheeses, and boldly cut pizza where...
- Stainless Steel - The pizza cutter is a laser-etched stainless-steel blade with a zinc-alloy chromium-plated body. Not dishwasher safe, hand wash only.
- Star Trek Collectible item;
- Comfortable to use;
- High-quality steel and zinc alloy chromium plated body;
- 4 inches blade diameter;
- Does not require efforts to cut through pizza.
- Does not contain any cover;
- Requires manual washing only;
If you want an extraordinarily designed cutter for pizza, Star Trek Enterprise Pizza Cutter is what you need. It is more expensive than standard cutters, but it is a well-made figure of Enterprise. Developers may offer you a super box if you want to make a present for your friend. The box will include a colorful picture of the ship on it, and extra foam insert. If you need it for your personal use, you can pick a standard package.
The pizza cutter is made in silver color only. I reckon you will feel safer for your own table with some cutting boards on it. The blade on the pizza cutter is sharp enough to damage the surface. I also recommend you to wash this cutter really carefully and don’t let it on the table if you have children nearby.
4. OXO 26681 Good Grips 4-In Pizza Wheel and Cutter – Best Pizza Wheel With the Sharpest Blade
OXO Pizza Cutter is one of the best deals on the market. It is pretty affordable for anyone, safe for dishwashers, and comfortable to use. This pizza cutter was created by OXO, the company that develops high-quality cutlery. Its pizza cutter is considered to be one of the top Amazon’s choices.
OXO Pizza Cutter blade is made from stainless steel that cuts even thickest pizza crust, without damaging toppings and dragging it across the other slices. There is a unique cast thumb protector, made of zinc. It protects your hands from cuts. However, you still have to be really careful and not to put your fingers too close to the blade. Make sure this cutter can’t be reached by children, as there is no plastic sheath. Its long leg guarantees you comfortable use. The blade is so sharp, you don’t even have to put any effort into cutting pizza. This cutter is also safe for the dishwasher. If you need to wash it, use a machine or wash it manually.
- Sharp stainless steel blade accommodates even thick-crust pizza
- Safe, die cast zinc thumb guard
- Large, comfortable, non-slip grip
- The price is really affordable;
- Long handle that guarantees you comfortable use;
- Thumb protector on the handle;
- High-quality sharp steel;
- Safe for dishwasher.
- There is no plastic sheath;
- The blade is too sharp.
It is easy to use this pizza wheel. All you need is a big pizza and soft drinks. No matter how high your pizza crust is, even if it is stuffed with another layer of toppings, you will cut through it without a problem. Don’t push your fingers towards the blade, as it is extremely sharp. There is a protection for your thumbs on the handle. The handle itself is made from the non-slip material. After you are done with pizza, wash the cutter in the dishwasher.
It does not have extra blades in the package. This cutter does not have a sheath either. You receive a box with one item in it. If you need a pizza cutting board, you can order it separately. You may also try to find extra covers for the blade or simply put it far away from children or pets. Don’t worry about the safety of your own fingers while you are holding the specifically designed handle of this cutter.
5. KitchenAid Pizza Wheel – Best Pizza Cutter With Great Design
KitchenAid Pizza Wheel is designed as a roller cutter with a solid handle in different colors up to your choice. It looks like a professional tool made from high-quality material. You can pick aqua sky, black, light or dark red handles. Somehow, the light red is more expensive than the black and aqua sky. If you don’t care about the handle, you can simply order the cheapest option. The cutter is affordable for anyone.
It is made by KitchenAid company that develops kitchenware and professional instruments for the kitchen. Their products are marked as Amazon’s top choices, including this wheel pizza cutter. You don’t have to be a professional cook to spoil yourself with a nice pizza cutter. This tool smoothly cuts the pizza in multiple slices without ruining them, and keeps toppings pressed to the pizza, unlike many knives. Just be careful with an extra sharp razor.
- SLICE PIZZA LIKE A PRO: Pizza restaurants use a roller cutter like this one; the sharp blade makes a clean cut in any crust and, unlike using a knife,...
- SUPER SHARP BLADE: The wheel is crafted from high-quality, premium stainless steel that will stay sharp and never rust and will slice safely, quickly and...
- COMFORTABLE HANDLE: The angled wheel allows optimal comfort and performance while cutting hot pizza right out of the oven; the built-in finger guard and...
- You can choose the color of handle;
- High-quality material of blade and handle;
- Protector of fingers;
- Affordable price;
- Warranty included.
- No sheath;
- Red handle is more expensive than others.
Start with cutting your pizza in slices. Remember to wash it after you’re done with pizza. You can actually put it in the dishwasher instead of washing it manually. The angled wheel is easy to wash out. Don’t put it together with your cutlery in a place that can be easily reachable by children.
The wheel is angled, and with the long handle, it gives you a comfortable experience while you cut the pizza in slices. There is a thumbs guard that prevents your fingers from cutting, so don’t worry about holding the handle close to the wheel. The handle is actually ergonomic and pleasant to touch. KitchenAid wheel also has a lifetime warranty. The pack includes an 8 inches long pizza cutter with a 3-inch cutting wheel diameter. That’s all. If you want to buy additional goods to this pizza cutter, I personally recommend Bar Keepers Friends powder to take care of the blade.
But you will not need it for many years if you stick to the washing routine after each time you slice pizza. I also advise you to always dry the wheel with a towel after washing it manually. Be careful with your hands, as the blade is sharp.
6. Cuisinart CPS-050 Alfrescamore Quick Cut Pizza Cutter – Large Pizza Cutter of Stainless Steel
Cuisinart CPS-050 Alfrescamore pizza cutter was created for both professional and amateurs. It has a convenient rubber grip and sharp blade from stainless steel. This cutter was apparently created for barbeque parties with pizzas, as it has a hole in the blade that fits almost all standard hooks on grills.
The cutter was created by Cuisinart, developer of kitchenware, popular across the world. Its famous material is stainless steel, and the Alfrescamore pizza cutter proves to be one of the brightest representatives of Cuisinart achievements. If you don’t like classic pizza cutters in the shape of a wheel, you can try this one. It is easy to hold and less dangerous for your fingers, as you hold both of your hands on top of the rubber grip. This tool can actually cut the thickest pizza pieces. To be honest, I cut cakes and sometimes even ham with this pizza cutter. When I cook pizza myself, I use this cutter to separate the dough in several pieces.
- 15" pre-sharpened stainless steel blade
- Long, comfortable rubber grip
- Hole in the blade fits most grill hooks
- Resistant to high temperatures;
- Stainless steel of top quality;
- Dishwasher safe;
- Rubber grip protector;
- Cuts through thickest dough.
- Not the cheapest option;
- No sheath for the blade.
The pack includes the cutter itself and the rubber grip. Cuisinart offers to add other goods of the Alfrescamore line to your order. You can order pizza peel, pizza spinner, and pizza stone. You can bake pizza in your yard and invite your friends to a party. Pizza spinner will help to create the best pizza. The package deal is cheaper than buying everything separately. The pack is made in standard grey and black colors, traditional for Cuisinart.
You can use the dishwasher for this cutter. All you need is to make sure that it is put at a safe distance from plates and cups. There is no protective sheath, so you have to hide it somewhere if you have children in your house. Make sure it is unreachable to anyone but adults. There is no need to wash the tool manually, but if you do this, be careful with your fingers. And don’t forget to dry it out in the end, so it would serve you longer.
7. Utopia Kitchen Chef Knife – 8 Inches Best Pizza Slicer
This chef knife is a professional tool for cooking. It is not limited to one product only. You can make tiny pizza slices as easy as chop the onions. It has an ergonomic handle and protective plastic sheath. It is considered to be one of the sharpest kitchen knives that produces the thinnest pieces. The product is made by Utopia Kitchen company that produces numerous kitchen goods, from pots, and cutting boards, to knives and cutlery.
This kitchen knife is simple in use and made of good-quality stainless steel. It is 8 inches long and easy to use on pizza. There is a long handle that allows you to keep your hands safely far from the blade. The razor is 2.5 mm thick. When you finish with cutting products, there is no need in washing the knife manually, you can put it in the dishwasher with other cutlery.
- STAINLESS STEEL CHEF KNIFE - Classic stainless steel 8 inches chef knife is made of 100% stainless steel which is rust and tarnish resistant
- EXCEPTIONAL CUT - 8 inches sharp blade cuts easily through large pieces of food
- EASY GRIP - ABS + 430 handle ensures easy grip and hassle-free maneuvering
- Long 8-inches blade;
- Sharp stainless steel;
- Affordable price;
- Ergonomic handle;
- Plastic sheath to protect your hands.
- No wheel;
- Only one standard design.
The Utopia Kitchen Knife can be used during all stages of cooking. Make thin slices of tomatoes to put it on top of your pizza, cut the cheese or mushrooms. If you decide to make pizza from scratch, you can use this knife. After you take it out from the oven, cut it into pieces without waiting for the pizza to get cold. The knife requires immediate washing after you prepare the dish. If you wash it manually, dry the knife to avoid rusting.
The pack includes one knife and plastic sheath on it. It does not contain a sharpener. If you need it, buy it separately. The blade stays sharp without extra sharpening for over 3 years at least, depending on the use conditions. I also recommend ordering a knife holder if you don’t have one at home. This way you will improve the safety level, and it will serve you a long time. I recommend you to use the cutter board every time you cut something to prevent scratches on the table surface.
Picking the Right Pizza Cutter
I made this list of top pizza cutters as versatile as possible. You will find here pizza knives, wheel cutters, and rocker cutters. Which one to choose is up to you. You need to pay attention to the next factors before you choose the tool:
- The material this cutter is made of. The blade must stay sharp for several years at least. It can’t lose its pleasant original view or get covered with rust. Make sure that handle is perfectly attached to the blade;
- The price. Choose the product that really suits you. If you feel uncomfortable by ordering expensive cutter, postpone your decision, think about it, search for better alternatives;
- Design. You have to decide whether design is important for you;
- Dishwasher safety. If you don’t have a dishwasher, you can choose any of the cutters here. But if you do and want to use it, take a look at those cutters that can actually be put into dishwashers.
In case you already use one of these tools or tried several of them, please share your opinion in the comments below. It is ok to express negative impressions from tools as well. And don’t hesitate to ask the questions about these cutters.